- First, she created a Facebook event.
- She then uploaded pictures of her art work in the Event's photo section.
- She added the title, dimensions, medium and minimum pricing bid in each of the photo's description.
- She used the Facebook event's invite function to invite all of her friends.
- She used the Facebook event's description to inform the invitees of the procedures:
"RULE #1 : You must bid in the photo comments so I can see who was the last person to bid on the last day at the last hour"I am not sure Julie realized it, but this campaign was genius. Here is why:
Julie properly used the media and social functions of Facebook.
Julie hi-jacked thousands of Facebook member's News Feed.
- there are chances that multiple people will leave a comment, thus showing up in more member's News Feed. I also think that the more comments a picture has, the more chance it will appear in your News Feed.
- the same member might post more than one comment, thus increasing the visibility of 1.