Social Media Marketing moved to alphonseha.com

Social Media Marketing

All my Social Media Marketing discussions are now moved to my new website.

Thank you Blogger but it is time I spread my own wings!

Please join http://alphonseha.com for more SEO and Social Media Marketing related discussions.

2008-09-16

No I am not dead.

Wow, I can't believe that it has been already a month that I have not blogged a post.

I have been extremely busy at work launching our new (temporary) web site: http://www.teleressources.com/ combine it with the fact that I still don't have the Internet at home (it is driving me cray), there is very little time that I can spend on grooming my online presence.  

I have been, like the expression in French goes, having fun like a little crazy boy, with SEO, SES, SEM, SMM, SMO and some other 3 letters acronyms (not to mention that I have been hunting for an API for ping.fm).  I think all these terms are getting out of hand and is quite funny but that's not the point.  I can't wait for the final website to be launched.  Disclaimer: Nobody outside of the company knows that the website is only a temporary version but since you read my blog, you get the insider information!

I have been addicted to our web sites' stats the past few weeks.  My morning routine has been logging onto http://classic.web-stat.com/Facebook Insights, and Google Webmaster Tools every morning religiously.  We have been doing very well in terms of visibility but the candidate applications/resumes have not been coming in at a satisfactory rate (the increase is not significant enough for me).  I know that it has only been 2 weeks since we have gone live but I want results and have been quite focused on it.

As for the change of language, I think I will continue to post in English.  The only reason the past posts have been in French is because I needed to practice writting in French for the Télé-Ressources Blog.  Although I am perfectly bilingual, I am more comfortable writting in French and although the Quebec Web Marketing seems to be strictly in French, the blogosphere I participate in is English.  I'd rather have Chris Brogan and Jeremiah Owyang leave comments on my blog anyway.

As a final note I would like to share that we recruited succesfully on Facebook and I wrote about it on the corporate blog:



Next: Placing a Twitter candidate!